Thursday, August 2, 2012


Dear Mom and Dad,
      Well first thing I will explain is what happened to my ankle this week.  So I was walking away from Elder Woodward's english and it was raining pretty hard.  So Mongolia's gutter system is not the best right now in my area and there was like a stream of water in the street.  So a bus came and we had to get in so I decided to take one for the team and step in the muddy water so we could meet with our investigator.  So I stepped in and there was a hole that I couldn't see and I sprained my ankle.  I also fell all the way into the water and got soaked.  Well as I limped on to another bus  (we missed the first) I could feel my ankle swelling in my shoe.  Even now it is swollen but do to a blessing and me not giving up it hasn't slowed me down.  I have limped a little but it was really good this last week.  Well on a better note we had a baptism this last week.  It was so fun and it was our little investigator named Ariunsanaa.  It was really cool and I was just so thankful for it.  His Grandpa baptized him which was really special for both of them.  It took several days to just convince the grandpa to baptize him.  Well also Odmaa is doing well and we found a few new investigators this last week.  The work is going really good and we will hopefully get a baptism on August 10.  Well it sounds like you are all doing well back home.  I hope that Uncle Kris is okay.  Tell him I wish him luck.  Well the year mark has almost come and to be honest I don't really want it to.  It is just too fast.  Well it sounds like Pioneer day was really fun.  Though that whole trek thing about those 15 did make me a little sad.  It is too bad people have to go inactive but hopefully our Heavenly Father has a plan to get them all back.  Also it is cool that you were able to see the Olympics.  I bet (even though I didn't see) that the Mongolian was wearing some sort of del.  So it sounds like all of you are doing well and that is cool that you could find another guy that does jewelry dad.  So this week has just been good and wet.  I got soaked this week in about a five minute rainstorm.  My shoes were full of water and it was really interesting to have to go home and change clothes.  Well we also found a few new investigators that has mad the week go by fun.  So that is really all that happened this week and I will try to send pictures.  I love you all, good luck and have a great end of summer.  Love Elder Williams

So little girls!!!!!!!!
   How is life?  Sonin saihan you baina? It sounds like all of you are doing pretty well the last week.  So this week for me has been really cool.  I had another baptism Friday and I will probably be able to see the next one too.  I'm so excited.  Let me just say that this last week has been an interesting one.  So I will explain better in Mom and Dad's letter but this week I sprained my ankle pretty bad.  The good thing is that I am not on crutches.  Well apart from that I just really had a normal week of missionary work.  Our lessons are increasing every week and we are finally just becoming very familiar with the area. It has been a privilege to work in Unur.  I really am having a blast here.  We did get really soaked in a rainstorm here a few days ago.  It absolutely soaked my shoes and it took them two days to dry out.  It actually rains quite a bit here in Mongolia. So that is cool that you saw the Mongolian Olympic Athletes.  One of the Mongolian wrestlers (female) is apparently doing really good in the Olympics.  She could possibly get a gold metal.  Most of the Mongolian athletes are best at the physical sports such as boxing and etc.  To be honest Mongolians love their fighting just do to their ancestry maybe.  Well though I haven't heard much about the olympics I hope you are all watching in for my sake.  Well Caelen, it sounds like you are having a great time scooping up water.  I am so proud of you and even though your body is a little bruised you will always remember that experience.  And I would love to watch some P and F with you a year from now.  So Rachel, Yeah it is kind of weird that I have almost been out a year and it has gone really fast for me.  Hey, and don't worry about the going off to college thing.  You might not believe it but when you go away family becomes more important or at least it has for me.  As the great quote says, Absence makes the heart grow fonder.  SO don't worry about change and just enjoy it as it comes.  Change is hard but is always fun if you let it be.  Well Rebecca, no one showed up for piano this last week but I hope someone will eventually come.  Also it sounds like watching those old trek videos were fun to watch.  You are going to college in like what 3 weeks chim uu?  That is soooo cool and I wish you all the luck in the world and just don't stress.  Well girls just remember that life is good and change is good also.  That is something all people fear is change but if you just let it go it will make you stronger.  Good luck and I love you all!!!!!  Love Elder Williams

Dear Kristalyn,
SO I did get your email so don't worry.  Thank you soooooo much.  I love being able to read your email.  So this week was pretty good but I did sprain my ankle really well this last week.  You can get the full story in the other email but let me just say that it really hurt.  Well I kept walking and we still managed to meet with another 2 investigator that day because I decided that my ankle didn't matter that much when it came to meeting with investigators.  So I went and walked up a mountain and down.  It was really cool and it made me realize that Heavenly Father will help me in any situation.  Well apart from that this week was fun because we got a baptism which was really cool.  Well I am really happy that my words that I wrote last week helped you.  I wasn't sure if they would.  Anyway I am really happy because when I get home I can get a job!!!!!!!!!  Mom just told me Uncle Kevin would hire me and it made me really happy.  I didn't write it in my other email because it might sound like my mind is not on my mission but it really is.  But I am really happy about that.  So Kristalyn just have a really good night and day and whatever time it is when you read this.  I love you and just keep up being a great example. 
  Love Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment