Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dear Mom and Dad,
So this week has really been a great week. I have learned so
much. So first we had an emergency transfer because my old companion
became zone leader. SO now I am with Elder Woodward and he is a great
elder. I have learned alot about the work in the last couple of days.
First, I learned that I am getting so much better in the language.
It is really great being able to understand everything and being able
to invite people so much easier. I also learned what it means to love
the people. I made a goal to completely step out of my comfort zone
this last week and have completely done it. In the process I began to
realize just how much I love the people in Mongolia. I also learned
that sometimes we need to be very bold in asking our commitments from
people. Yesterday I was bold and forward and in the end it all helped
us all. So one great story from this week. So yesterday I was out
walking in the ger districts and we saw that we were going to pass
three guys. Two of them were drunk and the other was sober. So we
walked by them and then the called us over. (Drunks always talk to
us) Well I walked straight up to one of them and shook his hand. We
talked for quite a while and in the end I made friends with three
drunks. (The other two drunks introduced me to a third drunk as their
American friend) So I did have some fun with them but the thing I
enjoyed was first they were really suprised at how quickly we learned
the language, and also I think we made an impression on the sober man.
He really did seemed really suprised at how friendly and open we were
with them. It was really cool. So this week really has been a good
week. So it sounds like everything at home is doing fine. I hope all
of you have a good trip up north. I am glad that Heavenly Father
allowed us to have that moment. I have no doubt that the Spirit
guided me in writing that. It really wasn't me but it was completely
the spirit. It was really cool because when I was writing that
because when I look back, the idea just popped into my head and I was
never even thinking about it before. The Lord truly does guide each
and every one of us. So the one cool thought that I have had lately
was that when we sacrifice for the lord we find what we are looking
for. It is amazing the blessings we recieve by giving things away. I
was reading in Mongolian yesterday and the quote was by Joseph Smith.
I can't remember it because I can't directly translate it but it
stated that the only true church has to be a church where we are
willing to give up everything for God's sake. I hope that I can
someday be able to say that I would be willing to give up everything
for the Lord's sake just like Job. I love you all so much and
appreciate the sacrifices you have made for me. I have had my eyes
opened to the things that are really important in this life and when
my mission is finished I know right where I am going. I love you all
so much and good luck.  Elder Williams

Dear Little Sisters,
It sounds like you are all having a great time. I hope you are
really enjoying your summer because I am too. I get just a little
depressed when I think about the fact that I have to go through
another rough Mongolian winter. Anyway one of you asked me a question
as to what I do during the summer. I will still work just like
any other missionary. The only thing we are not allowed to do is to
talk to people about our church unless they ask from us and we can
always ask people for investigators to teach when they are church
members or have invited us into their house. So really I am just like
any other missionary in the world except we just don't go tracting. So
I got a new companion. There was an emergency transfer because my
companion was just moved to zone leader. I am now with Elder Woodward
and it is really great being with him. The last several days I have
really noticed something. I am really loving meeting with people
here. Just over the last two days I really tried to step out of my
shy zone (which has gotten a lot bigger since back at home) and it was
so rewarding. I just enjoyed it sooo much. I just kept like wanting
to talk to people and my language skills are really quickly coming
along. It is a beautiful thing. when you really care about other
people it can make you do anything. I am just having a good time out
here and I am really beginning to feel like the missionary I want to
be. I have been feeling the spirit guide me a lot more over the last
several days and it has been great. So Rachel, your hair looks fine
and you can now look just like vin in mistborn. I am also glad you
learned so much from Mom and Dad. Take advantage of the opportunity
to ask them questions. So Caelen, it sounds like you are doing good.
Don't worry about the picture but still send your testimony if you
can. Also you should put something cool on my ceiling if you can. My
stars are gone so that doesn't really matter. So Rebecca, my college
girl you, it sounds like you are doing great. Good luck with your
college classes. I am glad that I wrote about something that you
could relate to. Well the thing I liked about today is about the many
scriptures that state that if we lose our life for Jesus Christ's sake
we will find it. I am not taking this so literally but the thing I
learned was that if we sacrifice our lives to help build up this
church and make sacrifices for the gospel. If we do this we can
actually find the life we have been wanting. I believe that if we
follow God's commandment we are not giving up freedom but finding it.
I love this part about the gospel. If you have a chance all of you
should look for a church movie called Treasures in Heaven and it is
about the life of John Tanner. I would suggest watching because it is
sooooo spiritual. I love it so much and I feel like it drives my
point home. Well if not just remember that only through the gospel can
we actually obtain a fullness of joy. I love you all and good luck.
Elder Williams

Kristalyn,  Why would I be sorry for having sisters?  You have all
been a wonderful example for me and I don't need a brother.  (Just
marry a good guy)  :)  It really has been good growing up with four
girls instead of a boy.  I really can see how it has helped me grow.
I am glad that was the case.  Well, SO this week was good and I made
some great friends (they were all drunk) which was a blast.  (kind of)
 So really I talk to drunks a lot.  I am so glad you are going to the
temple.  It is so wonderful being there.  I just really can't wait to
where I can step back into those holy doors and just leave like I am
on top of the world.  I feel like the temple gives us a different
perspective of eternity,  It makes us realize that eternity is not
that far away and that we can make it.  I just hope you always
remember that.  Don't ever forget that you can endure to the end.  You
can and I am so happy that I am completely confident saying that about
everyone in our family.  God loves us and so he has given us the way
to go back and be with him.  I love you and good luck.  Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment