Thursday, July 19, 2012






Dear Mom and Dad,
   So this week was the great week of Naadam.  We had a great yet boring time all at the same time because we went and got to experience naadam but at the same time every body goes to the country and so it is pretty much almost impossible to meet with people.  So the first day of Naadam me and Elder Woodward went over and had fun with a whole bunch of missionaries at this little amusement park.  Even though we aren't allowed to ride anything we took a lot of pictures and had a little fun game of live checkers.  I really enjoyed that even though I didn't do a thing.  I decided to just sit back at let the sisters order me around where to go.  The Mongolians are really competitive and just times that by two with the sisters.  So it was really fun to just kind of watch all the missionaries have fun.  So after that a few elders and me went over to Sukhbaatar square where they were doing a whole bunch of cool things.  We took a few pictures and left because we were all starving at this point.  Next, we went and all made chicken khuushuur which was really good.  So that was the first day of my Naadam.  But Mongolian holidays take a long time to end sooooo the next day we went with all the missionaries in the city to the country and made a kharkhuk.  What it is, is that you kill a sheep and then you cut it up and put it in a milk can or something like that.  You throw onions carrots and potatoes in it and then you put it on the fire.  It sits for like three or four hours and then boloo you have a great feast.  The picture of me is me with part of my wonderful sheep.  (I carried it in a box half way there)  It actually was some of the best meat I have ever had.  You may also see the picture of me drinking out of a bowl.  Well, let me just tell you what that is.  That is airag.  It is the fermented mares milk.  Let me just say, that stuff is actually pretty good.  It does have a funny taste to it and if you try hard enough you can taste a little bit of......well it isn't against the word of wisdom and I had no side effects from drinking it so I won't really say much more.  Anyways that was fun to drink.  Well after that we played some games and then we left.  It was really a blast and it made me come to love Mongolia even more.  Well the rest of the week was really nothing much except trying to find people in this new area.  The cool thing is that one of our investigators had a baptismal interview and he is ready.  I am so happy for him and his baptism is coming up.  He is twelve years old and some of his family is already in the church so he does have the support.  I can't wait.  So also we have another investigator that should be ready for baptism in two or three weeks.  It should also be really cool.  So it sounds like everything at home is fine.  It sounds like girls camp was quite the experience also.  I am so glad all the girls are growing so much.  So anyways that was my week and it was a really good week to get to know Mongolian culture.  I have really enjoyed it.  Well Mom don't work to hard and Dad just keep watching so manly movies so you don't have to see too many girls movies.  Also get Shylo to walk a little more so he doesn't get too fat.  So I love you all and I wish all of you good luck out there.  Love Elder Williams



Dear Little Sisters,  
I am so glad you had a great time at camp.  SO my week was pretty good and it sounds like you all had a great muddy week.  The one thing that was weird was well you can read that in the big letter.  So the one thing that sounds cool was your testimony meeting.  It sounds like you all had a great spiritual experience.  So I will just tell you that the one cool thing this week was naadam.  that was fun and Caelen I'm sorry but I didn't shoot a bow.  So other than that it was great.  Rachel, I saw a picture of you and you have grown up way to fast.  STOP!!!!!  You really look so much older.  I don't know why but it was a little weird for me.  Well Caelen, the stars are the same here as in America and I haven't seen the northern lights yet but if I do I will tell you.  There is actually a place in Mongolia in the winter that allows you to see 8 suns.  I haven't been there but it is true.  Or so I have heard.  Anyways Rebecca,  just keep up the great work.  You are sounding more like a college student everyday.  Anyways because of sending 26 pictures I wasn't able to write very long to you but I love you all and good luck.  Love Elder Williams


Dear Kristalyn,  SOOOO, you are dating somebody.  I knew it!!!  by the way if you are talking about my pictures just to let you know I sent 26 to dad.  Where are yours?  SO this week was great and it was fun to experience naadam.   I really had a great last week and if you want more specific details please refer to the Mom and Dad email.  Anyways so it does sound like you are having a good week.  The weirdest thing is something that just happened.  So I saw the picture of Mom and Rachel and Mom looks so cute.  But it isn't mom that weirded me out but Rachel.  Has she really grown up that much?  I just can't believe it.  She just looks like a young woman and it is kind of freaking me out.  So anyways just good luck with you and your friends.  I feel like you have been placed in a soap opera (except G-rated) and just remember to not really get involved if you don't have to.  It is no fun to get burned from somebody elses argument.  So just good luck with that.  So the thing about the Book of Mormon sounds great.  That sounds like that is so exciting.  Chi chadna.  (You can)  SO good luck and I really hope you and best of luck in anything that you are doing.  I love you and good luck.  Love Elder Williams 


No comments:

Post a Comment