Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dear Family,  
   It is so great to hear from all of you.  It makes me feel so good inside to know of the strength that comes through a family.  Coming to Mongolia has made me realize just how many blessings a strong family truly has.  So, things are going good here in Mongolia.  I am still in my branch before and am enjoying being with the same companion.  This week was a little weird because we had to be house bound for two days because of the elections.  Apparently, four years ago  (on my birthday) there was a huge riot in Mongolia and they were just making sure we were all safe at home.  Thankfully nothing happened and Mongolia is still the same.  The work is moving along.  Yesterday a man came into our church and wanted to sit in our meetings.  So, I got the opportunity to sit by him and learn all about him.  I think that he has potential to be a great investigator just because he came without any outside influence.  It is just amazing to me at how the Lord is actively helping us all the time.  So, Mongolia is good and the culture is still as weird as any other.  Every once and a while we see the Buddhist woman throwing milk out the window in the morning.  The food is great and I have to admit that goat and sheep head is actually pretty good.  They actually have kind of a drive through place where you can get one pre-cooked.  I have lost weight but that was really all from the mountain climbing in my first area.  OK, they are not Utah Mountains but all of our investigators had the annoying habit of living at the top of the steepest hill they can find.  So if any of you are wondering if everyone in Mongolia lives in a tent, well, you are pretty much correct.  I am in the area called the ger districts and over half the people in our area live in gers.(tents)  So I have experienced many things since coming on a mission.  I have learned so much.  I can not even express the gratitude that fills me when I think about my mission.  I also can not even express the gratitude that comes from being raised in a wonderful family.  I am so thankful for all of you and your examples.  I can safely say that if it wasn't for all of you, I never could have gotten this far.  Your examples taught me so much and even though I may not have been that grateful at the time, know that you all did help me.  So, one of the greatest things I have learned on my mission actually came from the trials that come with going on a mission.  I was in the MTC when I got the call that Mom had cancer.  When I got off the phone I must admit I was surprised and of course my heart was almost broken.  I honestly was thinking how could God do this to me?  I put my faith in Him and this is what I got?  One minute later I decided to pray.  I don't remember what I prayed, but I felt that God was helping me in that very minute.  I could feel Him next to me.  I can testify that God knew me, knew what I was going through, and that He helped me.  From this experience and many more I have learned that if we put our trust in God that we can truly receive his power to overcome anything.  I can testify that God does know us and that he looks at us and through giving us experiences he tries to help us grow.  We just have to remember that if we just trust him...and that is the key word, trust,...that everything we experience in this life will be for our benefit.  I can testify that God lives and that His hand is in our lives.  We just have to remember that.  He is helping us NOW.  I am so grateful for the experiences he has given me to strengthen me.  yes they were hard but I can see the growth.  I am so grateful for all of you and helping my family through their hard times.  I love you all so much and I hope that everything this next year work toward your benefit.  Once again I love you and good luck.  Bi ta nart khairtai shuu.  Love Elder Williams

Dear Kristalyn,
Hey I am so glad you wrote the entire happy birthday song.  That made me just think the time you are willing to waste to make me laugh.  :)  Well this week has been pretty good and I have learned a lot.  My language is coming along well and I finally have sisters in my district.  It has made things fun.  Well being 20 doesn't feel any different except that I can say that I am 20.  If you want to know how to say that in Mongolian you say. I twenty years with am.  or you can say bi khoroh nactai baina.  So please send me a picture of your car.  I am begging you.  bi chamaas guij baina.  (Maybe if I say it in two languages it will be more powerful)   :)   Anyway I really do want a picture.  Well have a good time at the cabin and just know that you are AWESOME.  I love you and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment