Saturday, November 24, 2012

Dear Mom and Dad, 
   
So this week has been pretty good and well also a little cold.  I got a new coat because my old one's zipper just wouldn't work anymore.  So anyway that should be pretty warm.  Also we found a new investigator this week that to be honest really surprised me that she came to church.  We had met with her before but she didn't seem that interested but now she seems to be changing.  So hopefully we can get somewhere with her.  So also this week I had some of my hours taken off of my english schedule which means I don't have to teach on P-days anymore.  Though I admit that I will miss the students that I would have taught.  I have many good friends now due to english even though I am the teacher.  Well so life here in Mongolia seems to be going pretty good.  By the way Grandma Williams the Elder Neuberger here seems to be the grandson of the man you knew back in San Antonio.   I asked him and it all seemed to line up.  So the world is small.  Well the good news is that they are finally beginning to send new American Elders into Mongolia again.  They should have a new MTC group entering the MTC in December.  So the Lord is again working in Mongolia.  I am doing pretty good here and it is naturally cold but to be honest it doesn't feel like I ever had a summer in the first place.  It just went by so quickly.  So also this next week one of the older couple sisters is going to help our district have a thanksgiving dinner.  We will use chicken because there is hardly a turkey here in Mongolia.  SO that should be pretty good.  I really hope to get some new investigators this week.  Well it sounds like your week has been wonderful.  Dad I heard about you and Caelen in the car and just say that you are a very courageous father.  I still remember you coaching me when I was learning driving.  I'm so glad that the family will be together for thanksgiving.  I wish I could be there but I know that you will all eat plenty of turkey for me.  Well I am just living here eating whatever I can.  I think I got a little weight back after being sick but not too much.  I look so small now in all of my clothes.  I am so funny looking in the mirrors now.  I just hope I don't come back and gain it all back.  But I have learned a secret  and that is that it really all depends on what you eat and the portions you eat.  But to be honest, I still eat like a pig when I have the time and that is because we walk so much.  Anyways I think that a 16 should be fine.  I think that that will be perfect.  Well I love you all so much and I think I will write a little thankful list for you.  I assigned one of my new members this so I guess I will do it too.  SO the thing I am the most thankful for is this gospel and the opportunity we have to change through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I am so thankful for the prophet Joesph Smith and the restoration of the complete and full gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am so thankful for the wonderful life that God has given me and am also thankful for the wonderful, absolutely wonderful family that he has given me.  I still wonder why God sent me to this family?  What did I do to deserve such a marvelous family?  I still haven't figured out that one.  I am so thankful for the leaders of the ward at home that tried their best to help me become the person I needed to.  I am so grateful for this wonderful world that God has given me.  I am also so thankful for God giving me the opportunity to serve a mission.  I love you all so much.  I hope that you have a wonderful thanksgiving and I love you all so much once again.  Love Elder Williams

 Hey Little Girls,
   So this week has been pretty good.  We had a new investigator come to sacrament meeting and it looks like she will be our best prospect the next few weeks.  She really does seem interested and she seems to want to continue meeting with us.  Hopefully everything works out there.  So this week I got some of my English teaching time taken off for a little while because one of the older couples in charge of all the English schedules decided to have one of the other elders teach one of my classes.  They are trying to make all of the schedules as equal as possible.  So hopefully it should turn out well.  Though I admit I am jealous of the class he gets to teach because they are all really great kids.  I have really become good friends with all of my students and though English is hard I will probably miss them a little.  So apart from that the week has been pretty normal.  We plan on having some little bit of a Thanksgiving dinner this next week with our district.  It should be good and we have one of the older couples going to help us make some good traditional American food.  We will have to use chicken because the one and only turkey in Mongolia is going to our mission President.  :)  SO hopefully this week will really turn out to a good week.  So it sounds like all of you are doing great.  Caelen,  do people ever start grabbing their children and run inside their houses when you get in the van?  :)  Just kidding.  Hey that whole experience sounds awesome.  I'm sure dad was thrilled when you decided to launch him from one seat to the other.  :)  Just keep up the good work and some day you will be a pro.  Rachel, I'm glad that you are getting over you cold.  I really hope that you will do okay and good job with the whole math test.  You can do it!!!  :)  SO eat a lot of turkey for me because I haven't eaten turkey in a long time.  Rebecca,  are the boys going crazy over you because little miss popular is definitely sounding very well loved.  :)  You little popular thing you!!!  I'm so excited for you but you also have to remember that you may not date until I'm................dead.     :)  Anyways good luck and I am so glad that you are having fun.  enjoy the opportunity to go home and be with family.  It will be really good for you.  Well Little girls I love you and I hope that all of you have a wonderful thanksgiving.   Love Elder Williams

Dear Kristalyn, 
    Sorry but pictures will really come next week because guess what?  I don't have to teach English on P-days anymore!!!!!! So that should really free up some of my day.  Well this week has been pretty good but you can read about it in my other emails.  SO Kristalyn, I am glad that you were able to go to Becca's wedding and tell her congratulations from me.  God has given us many opportunities and one of the greatest gifts he has given us is the gift of agency.  Sometimes God will not tell us all of the paths we need to go down because he wants you to learn to exercise your agency.   Kristalyn,  life will be hard.  Life is hard.  But that doesn't mean we shouldn't enjoy ourselves.  God gave us this life so we could have joy.  And the only way to true way to happiness is to follow his commandments.  Sometimes we try really hard to make our life according to our will and in the end it is like trying to stop a river.  Just align yourself with all of God's will and just let the magic happen around you.  Of course sometimes we will go through something hard but it is okay.  I love you and I am so proud of the things you are doing.  I mean it 100%.  You are one of the strongest examples for me of someone who is trying to do their best.  I look at you and see experience that you use in everyday life.  I love you and you are so special.  I look at you and just marvel at your great example.  Really that is the truth.  I love you and I hope that you have a wonderful relaxing week.  Enjoy thanksgiving for me.  Love Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment