Sunday, November 18, 2012

 Dear Mom and Dad,

SO first I will try and answer the questions you asked. So it
seems like my VISA is okay and I am so thankful for your prayers. I
should be able to finish my mission here in Mongolia. So my new
companion is a short term missionary which means he has never been out
on a mission before. So pretty much I am teaching a new missionary.
He doesn't really speak any English. But me and him are doing some
pretty good work with our investigators. We have a few that seem like
they will move along. To be honest this week there wasn't a lot of
progress because I was sick and now my companion is getting the same
cold. SO we are just trying to stay healthy. So speaking of my
Christmas package I really only want a few things. So first I would
really like some shirts that fit. I actually have just found out that
I have lost more weight and plus my collars are kind of falling apart.
I will try and get some measurements to you next week but if I can't
just send me a few shirts with the size of the neck down a little. so
that is what I really want for Christmas but I could also use a little
pudding. :) So anyway this week was pretty good. We went to stake
conference which was nice and got to hear from our stake president
odgerel. That was really nice and great to feel the spirit. So also
last night we had a shamanist thing going on in the room above us.
that was a little strange. They were pounding on there drums and
yelling really loud but I guess it was a little interesting to listen
to. They sounded just like the native Americans. So apart from that
nothing really unique happened this week. We are just trying to do as
much work as we can while we are healthy. So speaking of the weight
thing I am now under 200 pounds which is something that I haven't been
since the eighth grade. So that is interesting. So it sounds like
your week was really good. I hope that all of you are doing well over
there. So I'm glad that BYU won their game because to be honest it
doesn't sound like they have won very many this year. Let me just say
that I can't help and think about the tropical winters back in Utah.
I really can't wait to be in a warmer environment. Anyways I am staying
warm. Well I love you and good luck in everything you do. Love Elder

 Dear little sisters,
So this week has been pretty good so far. I have been just a
little sick this week. But I am getting better thanks to the
missionary doctor. So one really interesting thing was last night we
had some shamanists on the floor above us pounding on their drums and
screaming and yelling and singing just like the native americans. It
made it a little hard to sleep last night because all of the noise but
it was still a interesting and unique experience. So we have met with
one investigator named Gerelmaa who seems to be accepting the gospel
really well. The only problem was that her relatives was a little
tipsy and so it made the lesson really short. Other than that the
work is just continuing as good as ever. So I actually learned about
the elections here in Mongolia because it was all over the place too.
I wanted Mitt Romney but whatever. SO there are some more american
missionaries that are supposed to be coming in march which means that
the immigration office is being a little easier on all of us. So
Caelen it sounds like you are having a good time. So you said it also
snowed over there. Well it has snowed here too and it is absolutely
freezing. It is like my first winter all over again. (Wait a second,
it is) So Mongolian winters are cold. But I am staying warm. Don't
you worry about me. Rachel, I'm sorry you have been feeling sick. I
have been a little sick too. We should both get better together!!!!
:) Anyways good luck with that cold and get better. Also enjoy when
the two older girls come down for me. also play some great games.
Rebecca, you are a funny little girl. I mean when the lights go out
doesn't everybody go and give each other backscratches? :) JK though
it is a little cute. Also good job on helping those who are less
fortunate. You will be blessed for it. So one cool thing I was
reading today taught me more about God's attributes and his love for
people. He love us so much that when he sees those who are not
following his commandments he weeps. He love us that much little
girls. He knows each and every one of you personally and wants each
of you to return to live with him. Always remember that. We can not
even comprehend a piece of God's love. I love you and good luck with
this upcoming week. I love you all. Love Elder Williams

Dear Kristalyn,
    SO this week has been pretty good.  Except for one thing and that
is I have been pretty sick so far.  Right now it is getting better
thanks to the missionary doctor.  So apart from that there wasn't
anything out of the blue this week.  Wait, we also had stake
conference this last week which was really nice to be able to go to.
It was also nice to hear from all the strong leaders in Mongolia.  The
stake president Odgerel is a really strong man and it truly showed me
that the Lord has chosen us from before this life to do certain
things.  If Mongolia didn't have this man as a stake president than I
don't know what would happen.  Anyways so that was nice.  I have also
lost some more weight but you will have to read Mom and Dad's letter
to hear about that.  Anyways life is pretty good over here other than
it being really cold. We have some good investigators that are coming
along  but to be honest between me and my companion being sick last
week we didn't meet with a ton of people.  But it was a decent week.
So it is cold over here now.  Anyways just thought you wanted to know.
  So next week I will send some wonderful pictures to you but this
week there isn't a lot of time.  I promise to send some awesome
pictures.  I already have a few but just have to send them.  So don't
worry.  I am taking pictures.  So I might send you one today but next
week I will send a bundle.  So that really sounds cool of the
different religious service.  I didn't really know what the Jewish
people did in their synagogues.  In Mongolia we always get the
Buddhist monks or the buu (shamanists)  In fact last night we had
someone pounding on their drum on the floor above us.  They were
singing and shouting like crazy and sounded just like native
americans.  It was a little hard to go to sleep last night.  So those
are the different religions here.  There are more obviously but those
seem to be some of the biggest.  I am so glad you get to take the bus.
 :)  I get to take the bus allllll theeee timmee. and to be honest I
am getting a little sick of it but I'll be okay.  Well the asian buses
are a little more crowded than Salt Lake.  SO good luck and I love you
and just keep on being the great example that you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment