Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dear Dad and Mom,

This has been a really good week. I have had many spiritual experiences and my language is coming a lot better. This week I feel like I can finally understand most of what is said in the language at least by my teachers. I know that this will change as soon as I get into Mongolia and then I just won't be able to understand anything. Actually we had a native come in and speak with us and we could barely understand him. It was an eye opener but I liked it because I got a taste of what I'm going to go through. It has been a good week though. Today Heavenly Father really helped me understand some things about my life in the temple. It has been really cool to all of a sudden have your eyes opened to certain miracles he has performed. I'm so grateful that he answers everyone's prayers. Even a boy from Cedar City. It has really been amazing. Yes, I did get a scholarship from BYU but it wasn't a lot. It was about half tuition. But I don't have any financial aid when it comes to like grants and stuff. So we now have 5 investigators and it has been pretty cool. I've also been acting as an investigator and that has been fun. We don't know if we have are VISA's but we won't know until another week. It seems like forever but I will eventually get there. I just really want to get there. I haven't quite understood how the spirit works with me yet. I'm praying all the time for it but it is hard because I really have to listen. Then again, Elder Bednar said that we don't need to worry about it as long as we are doing all we can to invite the spirit. We got to hear from Russel M. Nielson this week. It was on the Book of Mormon. One experience I had was when I was in the meeting I realized that I didn't have the testimony of the Book of Mormon like I would have liked to have had. So I threw up some desperate prayers to have God give me a testimony that the Book of Mormon was true. I at first didn't receive anything. I was especially scared because at district meeting I was going to have to get up and bear my testimony on it. So, when I got up there I had no idea what I was going to say. I thought occurred to me that I needed to just get up and say the things I couldn't deny. While I was sharing those I received a witness that the Book of Mormon was true. I received it so strongly that when I bore my testimony in Mongolian the phrase "I know the Book of Mormon is true" it actually meant something more than just a way to communicate. I'm so grateful for the testimony I received. I am so happy I have had the opportunity to have been taught by both of you. Just today I was in the temple thinking about the first time I went in. I can't wait to get back and go back to the St George temple. I have been doing well and don't worry about me. I love you both and soon I will be on my way to Mongolia.
Love Richie/ Elder Williams
Dear little girls and my one big one
I won't be able to write much in this email but be assured that I'm writing letters so you will receive some in a couple of days. It is just hard to write so much in only half an hour. I just wanted to say that I love you all and am so grateful for the example you have set for me. I can't wait to see the wonderful women you will all become. Keep smiling and remember that being yourself is funner than being someone else.
Love Richie

No comments:

Post a Comment