Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dear Dad, Mom and everyone else,
So today has been a really good week. I just got my haircut today and I don't have to worry about it again for a while. My language has improved quite a bit and I am beginning to be able to speak it more easily when I need to. For the first time in the TRC I was able to have a good lesson with us just teaching a member who was just that, a member. It felt a lot more like a discussion rather than me just spouting out some random promises the Lord can give them if they keep the commandments. It was really spiritual too because it was about the Plan of Salvation and it was just really cool. Also, I just wanted to share that one of my favorite lessons to teach is the one about prayer. It is really hard to teach Mongolians the concept of God. They really have no idea what or who God is. They have no idea that they really have someone who loves them watching over them. Sometimes I feel really heartbroken because they have no idea what kind of relationship that is. It is really cool to see our "investigators" pray to know if Heavenly Father is real. The Spirit always testifies so strongly. I am amazed every time the spirit I feel when it is their first prayer. Another great insight I found was when was reading King Benjamin's sermon. One of the verses said that if you believe in repentance and if you believe in Christ and believe in everything taught then you should "see that ye do them." this just really made me think back to times when you would believe something but you just simply wouldn't do it because who knows why. It was really cool and it really hit me as to how I could help my investigators with this. I'm just more and more amazed about how simple and beautiful God's plan is. It is just so wonderful that we can return to live with him and all we have to do is try our hardest. So, I heard about both the BYU games and I hope they get better. It sound like they are alright though. Next, Saturday I will be able to hear the fans at the Utah game. It will be really fun. So we really have a strong district. We are probably the strongest in the branch. So, zone leader stuff has continued. one night we had a problem with a few elders and me and elder stranski prayed to know what we should do. It was really cool because both of us had a prompting to speak to different elders. In the end the whole thing was resolved and I know that the spirit guided us. I have also had to stand in a blessing for several missionaries we had to send home. It was really spiritual and as far as we can tell they will be coming back as soon as they can. I'm really praying for you all and I have been praying for a miracle every night. I love you all. Have a great time. (By the way I will get some shirts for you all but if you could transfer a few dollars on my debit card for them that would be appreciated.)

Love Elder Williams

Dear Kristalyn,
I hope school is going okay and I am appreciative of your dear elders. they have really brightened up my day. I can tell you are working hard and all I can say is just keep going. That is all I am doing right now. I'm so grateful for your example and I hope you go to the BYU Utah game. I love you.

Dear Rebecca,

I hope you are doing good in Senior year. Just keep moving and enjoy every minute of it because it doesn't last that long. I miss your joking and I hope you are tickling Caelen and RAchel for me. I love you so much and just remember that the left side of your brain controls the right side of your body and vice versa :) I love you.

Dear Caelen, you have to promise me you will read the next Mistborn when it comes out. It will be really cool. I hope you are having a good freshman year so far. It isn't as bad as you think. You will have a great time if you let yourself. Always remember to try and meet new people because that is what I am doing right now. I love you.

Dear Rachel, I miss you sooooo much. Keep on reading the book of Mormon. The more and more I read it I just realize how the first part of Moroni's promise works in where he tells you to remember how merciful the lord has been. There are so many times in the book of Mormon where Heavenly Father loves his children. He really is more of God of mercy than anything else. School is 98% attitude and if you try your hardest you actually will feel quite good about all you have done. And if you meet and make new friends a better bonus for you. Keep up the good work (By the way we have an Australian in our zone. And guess what, he does not have blond hair.) :) I love you and good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment