Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dear Dad and Mom and Grandma Rawle and Grandma Williams,
I hope everything is alright at home. Mom I just want you to know that I have been praying for you constantly and I have put your name in the temple. So this week has been pretty good. Tomorrow my companion and I are going to try and speak our language for half of the day and then on Friday try and go the whole day. (also, our teacher won't tell us about a mugging story in Mongolia unless we go a full day in our language) I really have had a good week though. I really want to get to Mongolia. It is really hard watching all these other missionaries just able to be in here for 3 or 6 weeks where they just pretty much get to leave straight off. I'm really excited to get there. I have really immersed myself in the scriptures this week. It has been an amazing experience. One of the spiritual things I have learned this week has really hit me the last several days. I just realized how merciful and wonderful Heavenly Father's plan is. It never really occurred to me just how much God wants us to be happy. I have just looked at the many chances Heavenly Father gives to all men so they can come and return to live with him. Even those who do not get to return to live with God in the Celestial kingdom still get to receive glory. They will all be happy in their own way. It just makes me realize how much our Heavenly Father truly loves all of us. He tried as hard as he could to get us all to be happy. Elder Jeffery R. Holland spoke this last Tuesday and it was the most amazing talk I have ever heard. One of the things that struck me that he said was when he said just how much Heavenly Father loves us. He said that we just needed to truly think about how much our earthly parents love us. He said that he would do anything for his children. And then he said that if that was the love of an earthly parent just how much more would our Heavenly Father who is perfect love all of us individually? The amount is something I could never comprehend. I sometimes get so happy thinking about Heavenly Father's plan of salvation that I could just yell. It is sooo cool. Alright, now to answer some questions. So meeting with the new district was fun. Elder Stranski and I really did well in telling them all the rules and stuff like that. It was cool because the second day they came down looking for advice on how they should deal with a Bible bashing investigator they had. Though we didn't have great advice they said the next lesson went really well. The new district had 11 missionaries and the next one coming in tomorrow has 8. So I get to do the orientation all over again. But it is fun because I get to know them and where they are from. So I have tried to get to know most of the elders in our zone and it is coming along pretty good. My schedule right now is pretty busy because I have to do some zone leader stuff but it is still pretty good. We usually have gym in the mornings (sometimes at 6:30) but it is good. Most of our class room and personal study is at night and that is pretty nice. The food is really good but I have been here long enough that it is all kind of the same. By the way Uncle Matt and Aunt Carla sent me a loaf of bread and a few other treats and it has been great. They do have a toaster in the cafeteria but i usually don't have time to go over there. The choir practices two times a week and we perform every Tuesday devotional. It is really a good experience. We have learned somethings about Mongolian culture but culture day isn't until a few more weeks. A few interesting things. When ever you bump someone else's foot you have to shake their hand and one of you says sorry and then the other says it is okay. The funny thing is that when you are walking down the street, if you do it, they will just stick out their hand from behind and not even look at you. Also they are a really loving people. They will give you food all the time but I heard that most of the missionaries drop 30 pounds in the first 6 months. They also really like to look at family pictures. Another thing they do is they are really open about others imperfections. You can really joke around with someone about any weird thing about their body and no one is offended. I can't wait to get there. So we did have a class for english teaching our first week and I have my certificate to go and be able to teach there. We are also supposed to read a huge textbook on teaching english. It is still pretty cool though. I really enjoy my companion, he is great and really helps me out. It has been an awesome time. Just yesterday we had a really powerful lesson with one of our investigators about the Book of Mormon. I love you all and I hope you are all doing well. PS send how many t-shirts you want and who they are for next week.

Elder Williams or Ахлагч Үйлямс


Dear Matt and Carla and Family,
Thank you so much for the package you gave me. I am especially grateful for the loaf of bread. It really made me happy and you all made my day. I love you and I am so grateful for the examples you have set for me. You really may not understand just how much you have helped me but believe me it was major. I love you all and thank you.
Dear Devin Rawle, thanks for sending me the Dear Elder. It made a hard day a lot easier. I have heard of missionaries looking for objects in the Narnia holes and I am trying to make a stash myself. Thanks for you be such a great example and I hope you have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment