Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dear Dad, Mom, and Family,
So this week has been a good week so far. My language has continued to grow though there is no substitute like being out in the field. I'm really grateful that you called and talked to me about mom's situation. It was good to hear from your voices what is going on. I know it was a little awkward for me and I got over it pretty quick. It is just weird talking to your parents when you haven't heard them for quite a while. I might be calling you in another week because we can call at the airport so be ready for that. I honestly think that we will be going this Monday but if not, we will go whenever they get out VISA's. The good news is that we know we are going to Mongolia because all our VISA's have been cleared. It is just now a matter of time. Mom, thank you for the scriptures that you send over Email. By the way I have had a blessing from my companion about my feet and I'm tempted to ask for one more before I go. I hope you got my nametag that I sent back. It was pretty scratched up but it looks pretty cool. I'm also sending one of my pictures cards back with you all today. I wanting to so you can get some pictures of me before I go. Most of them are with other elders in the MTC so nothing too exciting but I thought you would appreciate them being sent. So, I have officially decided that I love going to the temple. I always feel so great after I leave a session. I am already looking forward to the time I can go back with my parents to the temple. I really am looking forward to that. This week we watched the Mountain of the lord and it really restressed the importance of temples in my mind. So this week we also had to go to in field orientation. It was fun but it lasted the whole day. I learned a lot and feel like I'm ready to go out and serve the lord. (I'm still nervous though, but then again, that is just me) Also this week we have a third bunk moved into our room because the MTC is really beginning to expand. They MTC seems to be preparing for a lot higher amount of missionaries that will be coming in, in the future. It is cool but tomorrow we get new roomates. One of them could be Erik Merono I guess. that would be cool but I doubt it. So you don't even know how happy it makes me that all the other guys in our ward our all going on missions. I'm so pumped for them all. I wish I could tell them how great it is and how much it has already changed my life. Even in the MTC. There is so much gospel knowledge gained, and lately I have felt like I want to go and share with the whole world my feelings for the gospel. I know that sounds weird but it is really true. I'm just so happy they get to experience that. I really am really really really excited for them. One of the coolest things about missionary work I have sort of experienced is just how much you begin to care about those you teach and those you will serve. I can't wait until I can be bearing my simple testimony in Mongolia. I somehow have already begun to love the people and I'm not even there yet. Well enough of that. I grateful for all of your prayer's. I really can feel them strengthening me. One really cool thing about Mongolia I learned this week is the holiday called White Moon/Month (I'm not sure which yet since they are the same word). I would write it in Mongolian but my computer won't let me pull up the keyboard right now. So you pretty much go around for like a week and eat and give presents. They said we would be extremely lucky to even give a lesson that week. It is in Feb. so I will get to be there 2 times for it. I'm not sure if I will be there for both naddams because of transfer times but I'm still really excited for that. So, I love you all and I'm so grateful for you and your examples. Good luck and I hope all of you are having a great time. I love you and thanks for all you have done for me in helping me get on a mission.
Love Elder Williams
Wish all the elder's in the ward good luck for me

No comments:

Post a Comment