Monday, October 31, 2011

HE IS IN MONGOLIA!!!

So the last couple of days have been really cool. Hard but cool. I don't have much time today so I can't write to the little girls again. Sorry :( SO my new companion's name is elder moohxbaatap. I really butchered the spelling. I have been assigned to the chinggeltee branch. We do have our own apartment but the hard thing about where we are assigned is that we have been whitewashed. That means no body knows the area. It has been pretty hard. My companion can speak pretty good English so that really helps. I want him to speak only in Mongolian to me but the problem is that he sometimes gets a little frustrated because I can't really understand him. My comprehension has really picked up since sacrament meeting and when I say comprehension I mean being able to pick out words and not understanding sentences. We have only taught two lessons so far but we did have one investigator commit to a baptismal date (she didn't show up at church though) and we actually had another investigator show up at church. It was pretty cool except I can't understand anyone. I have already had several Mongolian types of food. It is actually pretty good so far. The one thing about Mongolia is that I feel like I'm on a different planet. It feels like I'm living in the city of Gotham in Batman either new or old. It is really dirty and sometimes the smog is so thick it makes Salt Lake City look like the most cleanest city in the world. The cool thing is that I'm really enjoying being here. I am really just praying to be able to understand the language right now. It is really hard. So the first thing we did here was we went up to a monument built to the Russians and sang High on the Mountain Top. It was really cool. I will try to send pictures next week. I just need a few cords to do it and I want to be able to say what I'm buying in Mongolian. So jet lag is still kicking in but not really bad anymore. For a while I was getting motion sickness even in cars. Speaking of cars the traffic here is crazy. You literally can drive anywhere you want to. That is the rule and it gets really scary sometimes. But it is really cool. I love you all and hope you are having a great time back at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment