Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dear Mom and Dad and Family,
So this week has been a really good week. My language has finally come to the point I feel confident even though I know that when I get to Mongolia that I will totally not understand a word. So, our VISA's have been delayed but we got some good news. First, all of us have our sponsers for teaching so that means that there is a company in Mongolia that has my name on it to teach English at. Another good thing is that we were told that our VISA's will probably get here this week our possibly the beginning of next week. Another good thing is that the travel office said that all of our VISA's would be processed so that is great news. I will get to Mongolia and they can't keep me out of there forever. So my feet are healing and I can feel that prayers for them. I think that through the Lord I can get rid of them so they will not mess with the work in Mongolia. Who knows, maybe they will all freeze off in Mongolia. I am getting really antsy being here because I want to go and teach especially that I'm very confident in the language. I'm so jealous of Jake Berry. That would be such a wonderful mission to go to. Speaking of Argentina all of the Spanish I've learned in the last year or two has completely gone down hill. I understand everyone's Spanish just great but every time I try to respond Mongolian comes out or at least Mongolian grammar structure. I'll end up saying really weird stuff so I've pretty much given up on even trying to respond to anyone in Spanish. But this at least shows that I'm more confident in Mongolian which I'm still not even that confident about at all. But I have been using it more. I've officially decided that I love going to the temple. It is really fun and even if I don't learn anything specific I really enjoy just the absolute peace I get every time I go. By the way the Provo tabernacle temple is so cooool. that was the last thing I expected when he started talking about it. That will be really neat. I've been praying for Mom everyday and I hope you can feel my prayers. I've also been praying for our whole family. I so amazed at the example you have set especially when I'm not even there to see it. I really amazed at how much tighter the family has pulled together with all of this. So yesterday I went on splits in the district for TRC. It was really great because I had a companion who wasn't quite as good as me and so it forced me to experiment a lot more. In the end it ended up being the best lesson I've taught. I just hope and pray that the Holy Ghost is using as a tool in his hand so I can help all of those I teach. By the way, the video with Elder Holland was great but not quite accurate. There is not actually 1 in 10 people that are members of the church in Ulaanbaatar. It is actually more like 1 in every 150 people so we have our work cut out for us. IT is really weird teaching Mongolians about the gospel because they have absolutely no background knowledge of Christ. We are teaching absolute simple lessons. At first I thought this was weird but in the long run I read out of I think it is 2 Nephi 31 (I just wanted to interject here because it was really cool. The n sound in mongolian is with an H not an N and I started typing Nephi with and H at first. I'm mixing up my languages) It says that he glories in plainness because then no one can misunderstand. Well, I love you all and I'm praying for all of you.
Love Elder Williams
PS. I got your package and I'm glad you sent it to me. I'm also sending a second package home with the t shirts today. It will also have my camera card and the little girls letters and a letter to grandma Williams. Thank you for the letter Grandma! I really needed it that day.
Dear Mark and Tara and Maddie,
Thank you for the birthday card. It made my day!!! And very good on picking up some Mongolian.

No comments:

Post a Comment