Tuesday, October 25, 2011

EVERYBODY GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!! I GOT TRAVEL PLANS!!!!! So I sent the email to you in the morning when I didn't know I we had gotten them. There is quite a spiritual experience behind this though. I went to the temple and the whole time I was a little down about the fact that we were not going and possibly could be temporarily reassigned. So while I was there I prayed and prayed to Heavenly Father for a miracle and that somehow all the VISA's would arrive today. So when we came back to our room the other elder's were waiting and told us the wonderful news. WE ARE GOING!!!!!! I'm just so excited to serve the people of Mongolia. I know that God answers the prayers of everybody no matter how simple it is. The first thing I did was I got down on my knees and thanked Heavenly Father. I know that he does care about each of us and that he does have a plan for us. I heard about the picture card. That is too bad so next time I won't send it through the mail. It probalby got erased somehow in the whole mail process. I do have better pictures though on my other picture card so don't worry. I got a lot of district and single pictures of me. So the time I'm supposed to be out of the MTC room is 4:30 tomorrow. My flight is at 8:12. So my first flight number is DL 1211. That is just the flight to LA airport. We then have like a 5 hour layover and we will just kind of spend the night there. I can tell you my other flight plans later on the telephone. Speaking of the telephone I will be calling tonight around 8:00 or 8:15. The let me do it because I've been delayed so much. I'm so excited. Our whole district just started screaming. This has actually been really hard on all of us. We've already been here pretty long so it was getting kind of a drag. But, I'm going!!!! I'm so happy right now. I can't even focus. So this week we had Culture day. It was really cool. One weird thing is that apparently if you have a cold you are supposed to drink some of your mother's urine. I guess I lot of Mongolians still do this so I just thought you would be interested. We also learned about how the name of the bad guy in Mulan is actually an ancient Mongolian name for king or something like that. We also learned just how huge of an empire the Mongolians conquer. One other funny thing is that they love Russia and hate China. They also really like the russian communist lennon and a few others. they somehow think he helped their country. Also we learned about some of the Mongolian religions. Our teachers told us not to treat the mongolian shamnism as lightly. Apparently we are to take it serious because some of it is kind of scary. Mongolia is still spiritually maturing so there seems to be a small spiritual battle going on there. I'm a little nervous about that but through the Lord I can do anything. I'm so grateful for all you have done for me. I've finally going to Mongolia. My feet are doing better and I still have problems but they are not even as big as they used to be. I will just keep asking for wart medications though I don't need any right now. I love you all and I can feel all your prayers. I love you and I will call you tonight.
Love Elder Williams
PS sorry if my letter was kind of jumbled, I'm really excited

No comments:

Post a Comment