Monday, November 14, 2011

So Mongolia is still pretty hard. I still don't understand half the stuff that is being said. I feel like my comprehension is skyrocketing but it still isn't enough. And besides I still can't speak the language very good. It is tough in lessons because I feel like I always say the same thing. But, I know that through the Lord I can overcome this trial. I have been relying so much on him lately. SO the work is going good. We have received some new investigators which is always good. It remains to be seen if they will come to church or not. We are also doing quite a bit of strengthening of the new ward members. That is pretty cool. It is starting to get really cold here. Whenever we go into a ger when we open the door it is like a fog machine. There is just steam that shoots in and out of the ger. Thanks Mom for all the wonderful things you have crocheted for me. The hat and scarf are really warm. I heard about the Chemo and I know that once it is all over you will feel better. Kind of obvious but true. So our home is warm at least. Sometimes it is just a little too warm. But it still feels really good after a long day hiking in the ger districts. The ger districts are really cool. Of course you have to watch out for dogs but all you do is just throw some rocks. One funny thing is the bus rides. They are insane. We had one bus driver that literally drove like the knight bus on harry potter. We were passing traffic on a one lane residential street. He even had to run one car off of the road just to not hit another. ANd the whole time I was holding on for dear life, standing. It was actually really cool. SO a few nights ago I ate my first sheep or goat head. I really couldn't tell which one it was but it was actually pretty good. The one thing I wouldn't eat was the brains and so my companion somehow managed to get out enough for him to be satisfied. It has been a pretty good day so far and I have got all my clothes washed so that is good. I am beginning to put on more and more layers each day so that makes it a little harder. So we had two investigators show up to church this sunday which was great. I sat next to a little old lady investigator named xaltar. I also had to give a 3-5 minute talk about anything I wanted. I really struggled but I think they sort of got what I was trying to say.
Hey I heard Rebecca went on a date. Be careful, you might just end up going on more. That is cool that you got to see a little more about Mongolia. It really is quite the place. I am kind of beginning to get used to how things work but even that is hard. One funny thing is that my companion doesn't think I can cook food because he doesn't count anything I can make as a food. Oh well. We are eating a lot of meat and bread. That is awesome. I would send you all pictures but I can't right now. I should be able to send them next week. I will eventually get pictures to you that I promise. So good luck and I hope you are all having a wonderful time back at home.
Love Richie
PS please send some recipes over email. send me a pizza recipe for sure because that is what my companion wants for his birthday. Also if you could send some forever stamps and some measuring cups that would be much appreciated. If not oh well. I love you all and I really do wish you all the best of luck.
Love Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment