Monday, January 2, 2012

Dear Mom and Dad,
It was wonderful to be able to talk with all of you over the phone. It was really nice to hear from all of you and all the wonderful bonding going on. I'm sorry but I won't be able to send pictures this week because I still have a few more things to do and it takes a while to upload pictures. So this week I made a pizza for my investigators and by some miracle it turned out ok. The bottom was a little burnt but the Mongolians really didn't know the difference because they are constantly chewing on hard objects. So I have one more week left of not having to teach English but the fact is that I have to make up a final this week. It will be hard and I admit it is kind of stressing me out but the wonderful older couples said they would be more than willing to help me. So that should turn out alright. It has been quite the experience being an English teacher and a full time missionary. One problem right now is since I am not allowed to do ITL's we sometimes feel like we are running short of investigators. The good thing, is that our new member Gotov is bringing his family and he even called us and told us that he was feeling the Spirit when he was reading the Book of Mormon. He is also trying to bring some of his relative's to church. Well, Mongolia is getting colder and it was a little weird to think about the fact that I was having New Year's a long time before all of you but now we are both officially in the year 2012. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon too. It wasn't until my mission that I realized the absolute power and peace in the Book of Mormon. I also realized how thrilling all of 2nd Nephi is. My scriptures to be honest look a lot like Grandpa Williams. By the way Grandma Williams is you could send me some more of those wonderful marking pens in the next package (which by the way is up to you not me) I would be very grateful. I never realized the peace that is associated in reading the Book of Mormon. I find all of my answers through the scriptures. Sometimes I feel like I could read a whole day and be just perfectly happy. It has been quite an experience to realize all of this but I wish I had known it better in high school. The comfort I have received from the Book of Mormon through the Spirit has been absolutely breathtaking and I just wish that I could have had this stronger pillar to lean on back in high school. I read but I never feasted. Without the Book of Mormon this mission would not exist. It is truly another witness of Jesus Christ. I love you all and I'm so glad of the challenge given by the Church leaders to have everyone read the book of Mormon by Easter. I love you, I pray for you and I wish you all a good 2012.
Also I received letters from President Burgess and the Bishopric. Thank you so much and thank you for being the wonderful examples you are. It was your help which enabled me to have a wonderful time in Young Men's. Know that your work and talents go not unappreciated. THank you so much

No comments:

Post a Comment