Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Dear Mom and Dad,
      So first I will answer all the questions in your last email.  So
first Mongolia is starting to get cold and within the next week or so
it is supposedly supposed to snow.  So once again I get ready to
endure the Mongolian winter.  Well as far as I know I don't have to
worry about the VISA thing until November which is nice but I did
start my english today.  It was interesting and no body came to my
class on the first day of school.  but I am teaching a little more
unique class this year and that is English through an approach of
history and culture.  That will be a little hard because I am still
having to teach normal english and so the planning will take a lot of
time out of our missionary work.  It just made our missionary work
time that much more precious.  Well Mongolian bread is all over the
place and you can find it just as easy as you can in America. But it
is a little different and it is a little more dry.  It also normally
comes in small slices and is really almost impossible to make like
sandwiches out of it or at least your American sandwich.  This week I
got to eat some great Mongolian cheese.  The funny thing about
Mongolian cheese is that first it has the texture of cheese but it has
no taste.  Also if you eat it you will probably taste the mold on the
outside of it.  I kind of like it but I do search out to get the one
with the least amount of mold.  So that is the way life is today.  I
am really grateful nobody came to my english class today because the
threw the schedule at me the day of and I had no lesson planned.  well
that is really all there is. This week was fun and we got to play
shagai (sheep ankle bones) which is a game kind of like marbles.  They
do have a lot of really interesting rules though.  Well that was fun
and the only sad thing is that little Ariunsanaa just left for his
hometown for a few months but he should be back in November.  Well
Odmaa and Enkhtuvshin are doing fine.  Odmaa is still growing and she
is just continuing down her path after baptism and she is also
planning on trying to get into school at BYU.  I hope she can make it
because it would help her testimony soooo much.  So that is just the
way work has gone this week and next week will be even more
interesting filled with English.  So it sounds like the family is
doing alright.  That is so funny that Caelen is driving.  I can just
see her kind of driving the car really slow down to the garage.  So
just know that your son is doing well here in Mongolia. Love you and
good luck.  Love Elder Williams


 Dear little sisters,
So what is up!!!?? Well I started teaching English even though
no body showed up for my first class. So I have to teach three
separate grades which is a little difficult for planning but I will do
my best. My sponser also through a curve ball at me in making me
teach one of the classes with history and culture combined. I will
have to plan really good which will take out of missionary work which
will kind of depress me but I know that the Lord will help and guide
me. So I learned that it is really hard to teach. You thought being
a student was hard but teaching is also just as hard. So this week we
had a lot of lessons which was good and our golden investigator is
coming along really well. She is definitely going to get baptized on
her day. So apart from that this week was kind of normal. I am just
living life as a missionary lives it. We also had our last family
home evening with one of our little converts ariunsanaa. He is going
up to northern Mongolia and we played a fun game with sheep ankles or
shagai. It is like the American version of marbles but they play it
with ankle bones and it has a few exotic rules. Anyway that was the
week. Our convert Odmaa is doing fine and told us that she is going
to try and apply for BYU. That was really cool and hopefully she can
make it. She speaks really good English and she should be able to
pass any tests like that. So if she goes I will give you all a email.
Anyways that was the week this week. So Caelen, good job on the
hamburgers. I really hunger for some of the good homemade hamburgers.
Also keep up on the football playing. You eventually could play on
the powder puff team because you could waste them all!!!! Rachel, it
sounds like you are having a good time and I am so proud of your
actions with that book. That takes some high standards and you are
the man. Well.....sort of. :) So keep up the indexing and also
learn some history. History still fascinates me. So Rebecca, you did
get an iphone. You are so cool. Anyway with you and Kristalyn there
BYU should be able to win all of their at home football games right?
I knew you and her were secretly playing in the game. :) So just
keep up the great work and know that piano lessons are going as good
as they were before which means that they really aren't going due to
different situations every week. So just keep on smiling all of you
and don't forget to just be the shuu!!! You are all so awesome and
just keep on being the good daughters of God that I know you are. I
love you and good luck!!! Love Elder Williams

Dear Kristalyn,
       You look so cute shooting those guns!!!  You are such a little
pixie!!!  I admit that those pictures really made my day.  Especially
because my day has gone a little bad.  So the problem today was I got
my English schedule.  It is still 12 hours a week I have to teach but
the problem is that the classes I teach will be hard.  So first I have
to teach three separate grades which will be a little hard.  I will
teach the first and second grade the same thing but the third grade is
a little different.  I am supposed to take a more culture and history
approach in that class.  The only good thing was that I didn't have
anyone come to my class today which was good because I didn't have a
lesson planned due to their poor planning.  Well it means that I will
have to spend time each week getting English materials and a whole
bunch of studying of a little history and etc.  But I know the Lord
will help me.  Kristalyn, you are a very funny girl.  Hey don't you
worry about that religion class.  First, you have a testimony that
this church is true.  I know that because I see it in the way you
live.  If you didn't have a true belief in it you wouldn't follow the
laws and commandments set by it.  Second, you are still trying to have
a testimony in the way of like a vision.  These just don't really
exist.  Testimonies often come like a slow sunrise.  It just gets
lighter and lighter until all of a sudden you see the sun.  Sooooo you
just can relax and know that you have a testimony.  Also a testimony
is a continous process.  Even I am as a missionary am encouraged by
preach my gospel to ask constantly if the Book of Mormon is true even
when I have received a testimony.  So relax and enjoy the ride.  By
the way you do look so cute when you shoot guns.  Please go to all the
football games for me.  Please!!!!  :)  anyways just know that your
brother is doing great up here on the about to be frozen tundra of
Mongolia. I love you and good luck!!!   Love Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment