Monday, September 17, 2012

Dear Mom and Dad,
Thanks for writing this week and I am so glad to hear from you.
Good work on trying to get those neighbors to come to church. I know
that it didn't work out this time but just keep trying. One thing
that members just don't understand is the huge (and I mean Huuuuuuge)
impact they have on investigators. When members get involved people
are changed. So thank you for that. Well I feel a little bad about
the whole BYU thing but I guess me not being there has made me not
really care to badly. So anyways they will just keep on moving. The
whole mine thing sounds pretty cool and let me know how that goes.
Mining is so huge here that everyone seems to trying to get into the
mining field here. Also good job on teaching that class. that is
always what we try and have is just someone to teach as a backup. Mom
thank you for the great work with visiting teaching. I am so proud to
know that both of my parents are so strong in their callings and
helping others with theirs. So this week I was able to sit in all of
my mission conference which was a blessing. God knew that I needed to
be there and I was able to get the whole thing off from English. We
had Elder Larry Wilson come and talk to us for two days and the whole
thing was wonderful. I felt the spirit so much and was sad that the
whole thing was over. This week I finally had someone come to my
cultural English class and the thing went really well. The reason
being that only two students sat in my class and there are only three
total. I am actually really happy about that because I feel like I
can actually help two people speak English better. I feel like I will
be able to teach them a lot and am sooooo happy. I have always loved
being able to help people one on one and I learned that from helping
the girls with their homework when I was back at home. Just seeing
them light up with understanding is soooo cool. That is also the same
with the gospel. When someone becomes strong in the gospel it just
makes me sooo happy. Our new member Odmaa is doing fine and is making
friends with other young woman in the church and is also sitting in
the institute lessons. She is doing fine and before long will be a
great member. (She still likes to meditate but it seems to slacking
off. So anyways that was really cool. I just am so happy that the
church is true and that through the church we can progress. This life
really is just how close we can come back to living like Jesus christ
and enduring to the end. It is such a hard thing yet a wonderful
thing as we see small signs of progress. This work really is the true
work of the Lord and that we through doing this work can be saved
while saving others. Then when we meet again after this life how
great will be our joy!!! I am so grateful for this work, this church
and the opportunity I have to serve the Lord here in Mongolia. I love
you all and I hope that everything is going well at home. Just know
that your son is having a great time here in Mongolia declaring to the
people that there is a way to happiness. I love you and thank you for
the example you have set for me to go on a mission. I love you and
good luck. Love Elder Williams

Dear Little Sisters,
Thank you so much for writing me this week. So this week has
been really good. I got to sit in all of mission conference and it was
really great. I learned so much and am so thankful I came on a
mission. So nothing really exciting really happened this week except
that I was able to feel the Spirit over mission conference. So,
Rebecca it sounds like you are having a great time. You had better
warn all the U of U fans that you are out for them. I can just see
you with your face dyed blue screaming warrior chants at the top of
your lungs. Now that is a scary sight. Just keep the paint on so it
doesn't get scarier. :) Just kidding!!! So Caelen, you crochet that
tie!! You can do it and make it look great. I will even wear right
when I get it just for you. Well good luck with the cellphone thing.
That sounds kind of ........cool I guess but just know that your
leaders are trying to teach you something so go ready to learn. And
great job and throwing down on frisbee. I always knew that you could
play professionally. So Rachel, it is so great to hear from you.
Rachel, don't worry about life moving too fast. It is just something
that happens and I know you might get a little lonely but this gives
you a great chance to make and meet with new friends. You just need
to know that everything will be okay and just breathe. Life is cool.
Everything in life has something new to learn and like about it. Just
do your best and you will be fine. So one thing I learned this week
was just how we always need to be striving to be like Jesus Christ.
We always need to follow his example and become more like him. I know
that if we try this we can always learn from it. If we just try
everyday we will learn more. So just keep on trying little girls.
You are all so lucky to be born in this church. The church is true.
Always remember that and if you don't have a testimony of it just ask
Heavenly Father and he will give it to you. If you have a testimony
remember it. Don't ever forget it and know that it was a piece of
truth that you received from heaven. The church isn't just some
church, the church is literally truth. We don't teach just doctrine,
we teach truth. When we receive a testimony we don't just learn new
things, we learn truth. I love you all and never forget this. All the
things in this gospel are true. Always remember that there is no
other way but through the gospel. I love you all once again and good
luck with all the things you are doing. Keep Smiling!!!! Love Elder

Dear Kristalyn,
      So sorry but today you won't get pictures but know that it will
happen soon.  so thank you for telling me about your friend.  I
appreciate your frankness but the thing we always have to remember is
that when someone repents they become a different person.  I won't
type much about my week this week but I want to share with you
something I learned at mission conference.  Why do we need the gospel?
 This was one of the questions posed at mission conference.  I really
didn't know why but this was one of the things they wanted to ask us.
The thing they told us kind of surprised me.  It is not to live a
happy life even though this is one of the rewards we have.  It isn't
just to follow some set of rules.  It is actually there so we can
change.  God's whole purpose behind this gospel is to change.  One
scripture states the the gospel is the power to change.  Through the
gospel we can actually change from the natural man and become a saint.
 We can only truly change through the gospel of Jesus Christ which is
faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and
enduring to the end.  Kristalyn, the amazing thing about this gospel
is it gives us a chance.  No matter how horrible things we have done,
no matter how much we think that we a natural man, no matter just how
many times we realize that we are too weak, the gospel is there.  It
gives us a chance to become something completely different.  We can
literally become just like Jesus Christ.  That is our goal and our
example.  We need to be and follow Jesus Christ's example.  For that
reason was he lifted up before men, so we could look to him. He is
truly our example and our Savior and no matter how often I think
about the times that I committed sin I remember that he knows.  He
knows my pain my weaknesses my everything and in that I can literally
say I rejoice.  He can help me grow, help me crawl out of the natural
man and become who I need to be.  I love you Kristalyn, and I want you
to know that everything I just wrote is true.  Christ literally lives
today and IS guiding this church.  Trust in him and life will have a
purpose and a reason and always remember you have received this
testimony too.  and I know you have.  Feel with your heart but don't
remember with it.  Only the mind can remember well.  Remember with
your mind the testimonies you have received.  We can not always feel
the Spirit because we are after all a mortal but know that you can
always remember the things you know with your mind. I love you and
good luck.  I know that everything will be alright for you.  I have
seen you grow soooo much.  Keep up the good work and the Lord will
bless you.  I love you and good luck.  Love Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment