Tuesday, August 23, 2011

For those that do not know, last Thursday night, Richie's mom was taken to the hospital. She hasn't left since. They found six masses in various places in her abdomen--they guessed that it was Lymphoma Cancer. To everyone, this was a complete shock. Although the doctors are still doing tests, she hopefully will be able to come home soon. We appreciate all of the friends and family that have prayed for Mom.
Richie just barely found out about Mom today. He talked to Mom and Dad early this morning. Here was his response today:

Dear Dad and Mom,
Today has been really hard for me but I have had a lot of spiritual insights. I admit I am really worried and apprehensive. Thank you for the email. It was something I needed because I will be the first to admit that I was a little bitter when I first heard. I was also in a lot of shock. I'll be open with you in telling you that I have prayed very sincerely for our family's financial situation. I even asked for a miracle from Heavenly Father because I know that eventually you won't be able to work and easily support yourselves. So, last night I really prayed for a miracle. And then this. At first I wondered why it happened to me but then in the temple the spirit gave me some inspiration. First, it testified to me that the miracle I had asked for has already taken place. The "cancer" has been found and that it could have been found a lot later. I realized that Heavenly Father will always answer my prayers if I have sincere desire. The last thing I had happen to me was a little voice in my head, whether my own thoughts or one from another source, told me that this is molding me and us, for us to become something better and stronger. I have since gone and prayed and asked for forgiveness of the faithless thought I've had and have asked his help in everything. I love you both. I don't think I could have asked for better parents. You may think that I am just saying that but it is so true. I too, have been born of goodly parents as Nephi was. I'm so grateful for the example you have set for me and I love you both. So, now past all that this week has been pretty good. I'm learning the language better and I can feel the Holy Ghost speaking through me. I have also felt your love and prayers. I am finally able to put down my phrase book while I am talking and communicate better. I still can't comprehend that much but that is slowly coming along. By the way, I got your package and am so thankful for it. The cookies are fabulous and I am having a good time. Grandma, thank you for the letter. That was just what I needed, right when I got it. It really got me thinking about how some years ago you and grandpa were here. Now to anwer some of your questions. I have been in the choir and it has been a really good experience. My district consists of 8 elders (including me) and zero sisters. I actually enjoy having no sisters because it is really a brotherhood in our district. The other two elders that couldnt' get their VISA's finally did. They are in Mongolia right now. I am already excited to get to Mongolia. I love you all. Ахлагч Williams

Hi Kristalyn!! I'm kind of having a hard time right now. I just learned about Mom and it is really tough espciallly when I have been praying so hard for our family. I'll be honest with you. The night before, I had sincerely prayed for a miracle with our family's financial situation. I knew that it wouldn't be long before it would be really hard for Dad and Mom to work to make money the rest of their lives. I earnestly prayed for a miracle. Then I heard about Mom. I admit at first I was a little bitter. How could Heavenly Father do this to me while I was serving a mission? Then when I was in the temple several thought came to my mind. The first one was that there was a miracle. I just hadn't seen it. The miracle is that they did find it, and that it is not to bad to deal with. I have been really trying hard to develop the faith to have Mom healed totally and completely. When they were talking to me on the phone the only thing I could think of was that this wasn't really happening. I was in shock for like 10 minutes. I then decided to pray right after the telephone call. I prayed that somehow my family could still be blessed and that it would be easy for them to pay for my mission and the chemotherapy. It is so hard. I then thanked Heavenly Father for all he has given me. Already I have prayed and prayed for him to help me with all the thoughts welled up inside me and hopefully forgive me for all the negative thoughts. Thank you for emailing me and I hope your time at BYU is well spent. I love you and please keep me posted on Mom's medical condition. Dad said he would too, but I would like an opinion also from the outside. I don't think you realize what a great example you have been to me. You probably don't even realize just how much I love you. I love you sooooooooo much. ;) Good luck and have fun. Ахлагч Williams

Dear Becky, So how is highschool. I know it might be pretty hard, especially right now but everything will be okay. Good luck and remember that being yourself is a whole lot funner than being somebody else. Also you need to try out for every solo you can in choir. You need to remember that if you have faith and just open your mouth than beautiful things can come out. I'm kind of learning this principle right now. Always put your trust in Heavenly Father first, even before yourself. I love you.

Dear Caelen, Highschool is tough and especially freshman year but it sounds like you hardly have to walk down freshman hall so you are lucky. Thank you for the kneadable eraser you gave me. It brought me back to the good old days when that was all I did in front of the TV. Caelen, don't you worry about anything. Heavenly Father will make it alright in the end. And always remember he is there watching over you and that through prayer you can always confide your deepest feelings to him even when you feel like nobody else will want to listen. I love you and by the way Happy Birthday. I'm sending you a gift and I hope you like it. By the way if anyone else wants the gift I'm giving you, they will have to send up some money so I can order some for them. I love you

Dear Rachel, I really miss you right now. I just love seeing your smiling giggling face every day. I know I teased you a lot but you have to know that I really didn't mean anything I say. More and more I'm regretting teasing you so much. Please forgive me for that. Rachel know that you are a beautiful daughter of God, and always have that at the front of your mind. You are turning into a young woman and Heavenly Father loves you. Rachel I hope someone is tickling you, because right now I can't really reach that far. Have a great day and I love you.

I know this email was a little somber but don't worry I'll be fine and so will you all. Have fun and tell Shylo to work out. би та нарт хайртай (I love you all or the actual translation I you all with love) By the way I'm pretty sure the way I wrote that was wrong.

Ахлагч Williams


1 comment:

  1. Richie, you are a ROCK! You are being such a GREAT example of faith and strength to your sweet family right now. You're all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete