Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It is finally my P day. It has been a great couple of days. At first I was a little homesick but I really got over it pretty quickly, especially after the Sunday devotionals. My companion's name is Elder Stranski and he is really awesome. Sorry, I don't know if I will have any time to send pictures this time because we are having four hours of our P day taken out due to our EFL training. I have met several Mongolian elders and sisters here. One of the sisters told us that we were the answer to her prayers because she had prayed for missionaries to be able to get back into Mongolia. It was really spiritual. The language is one of the hardest here and it really shows. At first I almost felt overwhelmed but through lots and lots of prayers I was able to begin to pick things up a little faster. The way to say Elder in Mongolian can't actually be spelled out on the computer so I will Romanize it for you. You would say it Aklagch. It has taken quite a long time for me to be able to say the g and the ch all in one consonant sound. Also, one of the hardest letters in the alphabet has the sound of LTHL. I just stick my tongue to the top of my mouth and say it. We have already taught an "investigator" 3 times. It was really hard at first, because it is hard to read the new alphabet and I couldn't pick up anything he was saying. But, after the third lesson I began to feel like we were using a little more of the Spirit, and I could finally understand a tiny tiny tiny bit. I am feeling the Holy Ghost constantly through the day. It is like a little peaceful fire that is always in my chest. It feels so cool. Our district has 8 elders all going to Mongolia the same time I will. Two others were there before us but there Visa still hasn't come in and we are all still a little worried about that. Right now I have a little bit of a cold because one of the other elders in our district came in with a little cold. I think that just a few more days and I should be over with it though. By the way, if you want me to get letters really quick go and use Dear Elder .com. They copy out and email and stick it right in the mailroom. I am really excited to be here and you guys don't need to worry about me. I'm learned so much about the gospel of Christ and how the Atonement can apply to everyone. I have really had a strong witness that my Heavenly Father loves me and I am so grateful for it. Now on a personal note, don't have Kristalyn come and see me at the MTC. Everyone else is making a sacrifice and so I will too. If I see her I will shake her hand, say hello, and then explain that I have to leave. I don't know my mailing address but I think mom actually has it. Also when you write it put my full name because there was another Richard Williams that came in on the same day. I love you all and good luck with everything.
Richie

No comments:

Post a Comment