Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dear Mom and Dad,
This week has been a really good week. I have had some really good
experiences with the language. So I went on an exchange with another
guy in my district so that means we both can't speak the language
really well. But I realized I can actually teach and speak much much
better than I thought. It is just that when I am with my really
companion I choke. So I learned that the spirit can work through me
through Mongolian. I am really excited about that. Well I am still
with my trainer and even after the new transfer we haven't split up.
I have only had two companions so far in the mission field and so I
really kind of wanted a change but now I realize it doesn't matter
what I want but what the Lord wants. I am hoping Mom is okay. It
sounds like the surgery took a lot out of her. I am really glad she
seems to be getting better though. So please tell everyone that is
helping pay for my mission how grateful I am for them. This mission
means a lot for me and I am really amazed at the sacrifices others are
making for little me. I sometimes feel I don't deserve it but I just
need to keep helping people. Well this week we really won't teach any
lessons which will be kind of weird because this week is a national
holiday. People will get offended if we even pull out our scriptures
so I will just get to eat the whole time which I guess will be pretty
nice until I am about to explode. I really am happy about the
language though, When I have to speak I can normally do just fine.
It is just when I am with someone that is a missionary and can speak
Mongolian that is tough. I love all of you and remember that no
matter what trials or pain we go through the Lord will be with us. I
am really taking that promise seriously right now because the Lord is
helping me and my companion and my district and I can feel it. I love
you and wish you all a wonderful week.

Love Elder Williams
Dear Sisters,
Thank you so much for all your wonderful letters. SO I got my new
transfer information a couple days ago and guess what!!......Well
nothing changed. I admit being with one companion for this long is a
surprising but I will make the best of it. I am so glad all of you
are doing well back at home. So Beppy, you made it into BYU?!!!! Of
course you would you little physics girl you. Just think about it.
By the time I get back you will have done more college than I have.
That is really weird to think about. So my favorite food here is what
is called hoorshoor which is a fried dumpling pretty much. It really
reminds of the food dad had in Argentina but I can't remember the
name. Also my favorite drink is called herum and it is made up of
salt, milk and well that is pretty much it. It really is
actually quite good. So my golden investigator went to the country
for a while but should be returning and she really wants to learn.
Rachel it sounds like you are doing wonderful. I admit I could use a
little St. George heat myself. But it is almost warm enough to not
have to wear my scarf all the time. Caelen, you go and tackle Mt.
Snowmore for me. You should take a picture for me and if you don't
send it just keep it for later. Well, I'm so glad for all the
wonderful girls you all have been. Right now the biggest holiday of
the year is coming wear I could up eating 200 dumpling or more. I am
really grateful for all of you and pray that my stomach will not
explode. :) I love you and just keep being the wonderful little
girls you are.
Love Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment