Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dear Mom and Dad,

You don't know how much weight it takes off my mind to learn about mom. I admit sometimes it gets kind of hard but now I do feel a lot better. So this week has been pretty good. We met with a golden investigator and she is really coming along good. She has a baptismal date and that is really cool. She really seems to want to know if this gospel is true. Me and my companion are doing fine, and I guess the language is coming along. I know that I just need to trust in God more. My problem is that I really haven't opened up my real personality to anyone yet and so I am still shy. I will promise you that this next week I will make at least one person laugh whether it be a funny comment or whether they are just laughing at my grammar mistakes. Also Dad I'm glad you can get a CONCRETE!! I admit I really do miss those. If you want to post the girls emails you may. Sorry today my companion and some other elders kind of wasted some precious time not anything disobedient but the fact was we had other places to be. Well, so this email might seem a little shorter than others. So it is getting warmer somedays but the problem is that the wind has kind of picked up and so that makes things a lot colder. Well this week I saw some water actually dripping off of a roof. That was quite an amazing sight. We have in all honesty had a pretty good week. We are really wanting another baptism though. But it isn't about the numbers. I really this week have tried to develop my Christ like attributes. That is the more important thing to me right now. I am really actually beginning to understand a little better but when someone asks me a question it gets a lot harder because I get a little flustered. But I will overcome. I love you all and I know that the lord is with you because I can feel the spirit through your emails. I really enjoy reading your emails every week. And thank you for the package. I love you and I wish you all the best of luck!!!
Love, Elder Williams
Dear Sisters,
I am really touched by all of you and how much you care about people in general. I would write a little more but today I feel like I want to just share a little message with you. Last week I was thinking about how annoying my emails to you might seem some time. I always say the same thing and that is oh just be yourself. I always say that and for a second I really wondered why I always wrote that. Well I found the answer. The answer is that in this life we are always trying to perfect ourselves, always trying make ourselves like Christ or just being a better person. Well the quest in this life is not to try and find something new and become it. We are trying to become who we really are. Who are we? We are all God's CHILDREN. This quest in life is not to become anything new it is to remember who we once were. Obviously we grow with new experiences but we through these experiences become more and more like the children of God who we really are. Little Girls, I want you to always remember that you are daughters of God. God remembers you and he know you with a perfect knowledge. He knows you and cares about you and he will always help you. It reminds me of the scriptures in 3 Nephi 14 where it tells us that God knows the things we need and he knows us with a perfect love. Girls, you are God's daughters. Remember it and always keep that title sacred. I love you and I pray for you and I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment