Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dear Mom and Dad,

I'm so relieved to hear the news about Mom. I admit when I was
in the MTC I felt that everything was going to be okay. My companion
did also, so I guess we both had some sort of witness but the fact is
that doubts still crept into my mind. It wasn't until I learned about
faith and sacrifice that I felt fine. I personally believe it is not
my being here in the mission field that has helped you all but the
fact that you have sacrificed your time, effort and many things to get
me out here. The Lord blesses those who sacrifice and I know that
sometimes you may have worried about you "little boy" getting out in
the field but know that your work is very appreciated...by me and more
importantly Heavenly Father. I know that it is this sacrifice that
you have made that has helped you very much. Well, so today I weighed
myself in the mission office again and guess what. I have lost more
weight. So right now I weigh 208 (also with a few extra clothing so
it is probalby more like 205) and so I have lost 42 pounds since the
MTC. The last time I weighed 208 was when I was a freshmen back in
highschool and maybe even before that. I don't feel like I am eating
bad or anything but for some reason I keep losing weight. Infact
Sister Ford is making me go and get my suit tailored. Just kidding
even though she does keep insisting and I do realize I look really
baggy. But Mongolia is just coming Well the funny thing is that
right now I have no idea if I'm good in the language or bad. I had
one missionary tell me I am really good at Mongolian and another told
me that I really needed to learn better. I guess all of my district
is going through this right now. I just have to speak more. They
really seem to judge it by how much you speak so that is the key. I
just need to speak more (which is really hard) Well, I have noticed
my English teaching skills increase which is a good thing. Yes, I
can't wait for the weather to warm up. I really want summer which I
guess isn't as bad as all the Mongolians say. I heard from another
American missionary that the summer is actually quite nice while all
the Mongolians think that the world is about to burn. So I do get
enough bread that I can survive which is a good thing. By the way I
would love some brownie mixes and stuff like that. I can get all the
things that is needed to cook them so that shouldn't be a problem. I
have realized that in the mission field I have become a little bit of
a saver. I am saving everything including my pudding mixes. I have
to find a good time to make them but please do send some mixes if you
can and you have to promise me the package will not be to expensive.
The mission field has also made me a bit of a saver with money. Well
I am grateful for all your spiritual thoughts and guidance that you give
me everytime. It makes me realize just how much time you are
constantly with the Spirit. I know that the Lord is trying to help us
everyday and often we just forget to ask. Good luck and I love you
all.

By the way, I just got Brother Barrie's letter and I will write back.
I just finally figured out how to send mail. Please send me some
forever stamps in my next package if you can. I think I have some but
I'm not sure.
Dear Sisters,
I really do enjoy reading your emails every P-Day. I am so glad
that all of you are writing me. Caelen, that is so awesome that you
are doing 3D Animation. I really would like to keep pursuing it after
I get home because I was pretty decent at it but that is for later.
Also just keep making all those cool star wars stuff. You are
definitely my little sister. Rachel, I'm constantly amazed by your
strength. I am so proud that you are able to quit something you love
so much so you can feel the Spirit more often. The truth is, is that
many things in the world aren't bad but they don't draw us nearer to
the Lord. I know this really clashes with my last sentence but keep
up the good work on starwars battlefront. Rebecca, now you are a
physics nerd?! What are you doing?!!! Just kidding. Yeah you always
were really smart but you just never though about it. Keep being the
bright and intelligent girl you are. Also thank you so much for
giving me little spiritual thoughts. Please keep giving me them.
They really help me and if you are following the Spirit, your thoughts
will always be just what I need which so far have been. Girls, I love
you and I hope you never forget the wonderful times we have had and
are going to have. The one thing I realized is that the only way our
family is this close is because of this Gospel. I realize that the
peace you feel at home often is the Spirit. I noticed a difference
here and when I go into other families homes. Just always appreciate
and relish that peace because sometimes in a world of craziness like
this that peace of a home grounds us and helps us overcome. I love
you and just keep being. Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment